LOOKING BACK ON 2020
22 December 2020
By Karen Sherman, General Manager
As 2020 comes to a close I thought it would be a good time to reflect on what has been a challenging year for the whole world.
It has been a time to re-evaluate our priorities and the way that we do things on both a personal & business level. Our first priority was the safety and wellbeing of our employees and customers, and we swiftly adapted the way we operated both in our offices and factory, ensuring that we delivered our goods in a safe manner.
This was a time of uncertainty, not only about the COVID situation, but how our staff would react & adapt to the new norm. I have to say that, without exception, each and every one of our staff members have done us proud:
- Being patient while we set up the technical side of things
- Adapting to using video calls
- Working tirelessly to deliver the same high customer service level
- Keeping our team spirit going with weekly quizzes
- Producing record amounts of products when demand has required
- Generally working above and beyond to ensure that we kept going in the face of adversity
We had a short period of time where we needed to furlough some staff which was a difficult decision to make, and again the team pulled together to support one another.
Throughout all of this, our focus has been to continue to serve our customers with the highest quality products and customer service they are used to as a Manupackaging UK customer.
Our hard work has paid off and we are really proud to have purchased a new state of the art film converting machine in order to increase our capacity to meet demand and develop our product range. We’ve pulled through the worst that 2020 could throw at us, and we are preparing hard for what seems to be shaping up for yet another challenging year.
So, to finish, we would like to wish everyone a peaceful & healthy Christmas – Let us be thankful for our family, friends and health, and look forward to the time when we can all get together safely again.
* The views and opinions expressed within this article are those of the author and may not necessarily reflect those of Manupackaging.